For the first time in NHRA, qualifying and eliminations in Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro Stock, and Pro Stock Motorcycle at an NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series event will be conducted four-wide, at the inaugural NHRA Four-Wide Nationals March 25-28 at zMax Dragway. Read more…
The rules for the NHRA Four-Wide Nationals at zMax Dragway will be as follows:
* Qualifying will be conducted using four lanes
* Each category winner will be determined in three rounds of eliminations
* The two drivers to cross the finish line first in each of the four first rounds of eliminations will advance to the second round
* The two drivers to cross the finish line first in each of the two second rounds of eliminations will advance to the final round
* Each final round will feature four drivers in each category, and the single driver to cross the finish line first in the final will be declared the winner of the race, the second runner-up and so on.